Rosary Convent High School is run primarily for Catholic girls, however others are accommodated according to seats available. The school population is primarily made up of Hindus, followed by Muslims, with Christians making up the minority.
is another girls' school adjacent to the cathedral, also run by the Franciscan
Missionary Sisters of Mary named St Joseph's High School, which has a Telugu
medium of instruction, where admission is offered for very little or no fees to
Situated in Gunfoundry (so called for the ammunition centre built by the Nizam of Hyderabad), the school began in January 1904 with a student-body of 60 pupils taught in the Tamil language, and 50 pupils taught in English. The FMM nuns visited the surrounding homes, pleading with parents not to deny their children the benefits of schooling. At a time when education was believed to be the right of only upper castes and males, the nuns had a difficult time convincing the locals to send their children to school.
the conservative society of
Rosary Convent High School motto is "Ad Caritatem Aer Veritatem" in Latin, which means "To Charity through Truth".
The senior cabinet comprises students of 10th class, 9th class students make up the junior cabinet. The Assistant Head Girl is from 10th class.
Rosary Convent High School was established in 1904 by the
Franciscan Missionaries of Mary, it continues to be run by these Missionary
Sisters who reside in their convent at the school's grounds. The school was
established in response to a need for Catholic girls' education. It became the
sister school to All Saints High School, the area's prime Catholic boys' school
in those days. These two schools are located on either side of
Is this information on Rosary Convent High School correct? If any changes are required, you may contact us by visiting here